Famous Lines That are Now My Own

by 6:12 AM 2 comments



If I am out of my mind, it's alright with me. 

I don't know if things are okay, I think they might be, but with me who knows? I know that people are judging me for being here, I don't mind though. If I were on the outside looking in, I'd judge me too. I won't be here much longer, I have a plan. It had raining for a week, it always seems much drearier when it rains. A hospital can only get so much more depressing. The rain stopped during the day, but the clouds were rolling back around. The nurses keep a close eye on me, I think they know that I have a plan, but no matter what happens, I will get out. I have been here for far too god damn long, I am even more tired than I was before I came up. There was no help, nothing they could do would ever put me in my right mind again. I doubt they really care, everything's a job to them. You'd think that they'd be doing a better job, but who knows, maybe they don't get paid enough to wipe our asses and dry our tears. It's all behind me though, or at least it will be. I can't sit still anymore, I can't stand it. I can't stand the smell anymore, I can’t stand the people. I can barely stand myself, but at least if I left I would be able to do what I want, go where I want and try and be what I want. I don’t want to have to explain myself and how I got out, I’m tired of explaining my actions to people who aren’t really listening. I know eventually I’ll be found, and that eventually I’ll be back here, I could never be on my own for too long, it never ended well. Leaving was surprisingly easy, I didn’t expect to get out- or back in- so easily. In all my excitement to escape, I had forgotten the one thing that matter to me, a stuffed bear I had won for myself at some stupid carnival I went to as a child. I luckily did not realize too late, and hadn’t gotten too far. Well, actually, I had gotten pretty damn far. I got all the way to my damn hotel, and had to get a taxi back, just to sneak in and out again. I cursed myself for holding onto such a stupid item. After a little hard work, I was able to snuggle the bear against my body, clinging to it for warmth and comfort. I mingled with a few of the other patients, trying to time it right. My escape had to be perfect, considering that ten minutes ago, I was out and had to march my happy ass right back in. I took a deep breath, and walked to the front door, thunder clapping for me as I did. The clouds opened up, rain beating hard against the windows.
After a while i went out and left the hospital and walked back to the hotel in the rain.

Echo Clairday

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the story, it reminds me of AP Psychology when we watch a movie about a doctor trying to help the patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great line, Echo: "You'd think that they'd be doing a better job, but who knows, maybe they don't get paid enough to wipe our asses and dry our tears."

    ReplyDelete