The House (Personal Dream Recollection:)

by 7:24 AM 2 comments
Cold winter night. I look around, standing in front of a large house, two cars in the driveway. At my side, Dude. (Dude is my french bulldog). It is quiet all around me. Until I hear the faint sound of bustling people inside the strange house in front of us. Dude and I approach the house. Cautious with every step. The door opening with a faint push of Dude's nose. We step inside warmth engulfing our chilled fingers. People walk all around us, to busy to notice us, yet we are not invisible. The two of us move about the house, looking at things, watching the "family". Watching as the get ready for something important. A family gathering perhaps? Dude heads up the stairs and I follow, not wanting to lose sight of my precious pup in this strange house. I find a girl, we are similar in age from what I can tell by her features. She sits in the bathroom, struggling to do her hair. When I offer assistance, she gladly accepts, handing over the curling iron. I watch as dude jumps on the toilet. He watches as I curl the girls hair. Once I finish, she hugs me with a thank you. We drag ourselves from the overly kind girl. I wake my way back down the stairs, we hear a shrill scream from what can only be assumed to be a little boy. Blood can be seen, a flooding puddle seeping into our sight. All we can see is the dead boys little hand, pale and lifeless. I panic, looking around, then I blink.  look around, standing in front of a large house, two cars in the driveway. At my side, Dude.*





*TO BE CONTINUED

Echo Clairday

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

2 comments:

  1. Your dream is very interesting. If I had that dream I would be to scared to even try to walk back in the house, but I'm also curious as to whether had happen to that little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your narration is so strong here, I can really picture the scene unfolding and then looping back again. I like the specific details about watching Dude hop onto the toilet, Dude watching you use the curling iron.

    ReplyDelete