Reading Memories

by 6:49 AM 1 comments
One of my favorite reading memories is 7th grade. I was sitting in Mrs. B's class, sharing a table with Ansley, and Jeremy. This was before I had broken my shell. I was trying to fight the tears of anxiety, watching them as they talk back and forth, flirting. I had no idea what to do. I was never much of a reader, but I had teen section of the books. I had gotten the book Frogs and French Kisses by Sarah Mlynowski. (This was the second book in the series Magic in Manhattan, but I hadn't known that at the time.) I shuffled through my bag, hoping that I had it. As soon as I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. I finished it that night, begging my mom to take me to the library to get the rest of the series. This book is the only reason I love reading like I do. This book truly opened my eyes and heart to reading,
remembered my mom and I had gone to the library the night before. This had been the first time I had been taken to the

When I finished reading The Glass Menagerie, I was sad because Tom just left his life. His mom was crazy and his sister has been beaten down to become the shriveled low self esteem girl she is. As much as Tom deserved his own life, his family needed him. They would always need him. But he ran away, rather than being a man. He ran away like his father and I just felt sad that he would be alone because of that choice.

My favorite things to write are probably a slice of life/romance. I don't know why but writing about the every day person just peeks my interest. I just love the idea of inserting myself into someone else's life, even if it isn't exciting to them, just being apart of something that I didn't know about before intrigues me. I am also a hopeless romantic so I can read romances for hours. I adore the chase of love.

I am sure I have written 10 books so far. Its all horrible. I hate making the pieces fit together so I am sure someday you wont see my name on the cover of a book. If I did write a book, it would probably be angsty and romantic and it would get inside your head. In the about me section, I honestly never know what to say so I always just write "is good" as a filler. Thats probably what would end up in print.

The first book I ever read was Put Me in the Zoo. I have written about this book many times but here it is again. Its just a great book. If you want to know more on my feelings on this book, refer to my other blog post Put Me in the Zoo.

Echo Clairday

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

1 comment:

  1. I love how vividly you remember reading the Frogs book, not just the words on the page but the people around you and the person you were.

    ReplyDelete